Thank you so much Paula from Paula's Place for nominating me for a Liebster Award.I found out about this award directly from Paula's wonderful blog:The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
To accept the nomination I must:
- Answer the questions posted by Paula:
- What are you reading at the moment? I must admit most of the books I read are children's picture books. I have recently read "Teaching with Intention" by Debbie Miller and I highly recommend it to all educators. This is a very inspiring read.
- What is your fav sport to watch? I don't watch sport. Oh! I did watch the last state of Origin game! Does that count?
- How long have you been teaching? For nearly 20 years and I still love it.
- Who do you aspire to be? Me of course. That's a funny question.
- The place that relaxes you? My home.
- A piece of clothing you cannot do without is .... I would have to say my jeans.. love, love, love my jeans.
- Your fav place to shop? Oh too many to list.. I do like country markets and road side fruit stands.
- Something that you wish you had in your classroom? Another set of hands and eyes in the back of my head - even better - another teacher he he.. I could quite easily use an interactive whiteboard but I am pretty happy with the resources I already have.
- A beauty product you cannot live without? moisturizer of course
- What music are you listening to in your car? Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu
- Blogging makes me feel....... connected to the world
- Share 11 random facts about myself - I love fresh bread, I hide my chocolate stash from my kids, I used to live in a goat shed on the Greek Islands, I once sang the birds eye jingle on the main stage of a major shopping centre just to get a free packet of fish fingers, I dye my hair to cover the greys, I meditate, I always start a herb garden over the xmas hols only to have it dead about 3 weeks into the first term of school, I love Summer, I really really love to travel and experience different cultures, I want to make the world a better place and the most important thing to me is my family.
- create 11 questions for my nominees
- What is your favourite grade to teach?
- Why do you blog?
- Have you heard of Pinterest?
- How do you turn off school and relax?
- Something you really dislike...
- Something you really like ...
- What was the first concert you went to?
- What was the last costume you wore to a Fancy Dress?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- If you could holiday anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If you won a million dollars, would you still teach?
Wow... that took me ages!! Thanks for reading and make sure you check out the bloggers I nominated. They really are worth following.
- Contact my nominees and let them know I have nominated them. - in the process of doing this.