Kitchen Science Chemistry Lab

As part of our investigations into matter and what things are made of, I set up a little Science lab.
I included ingredients from the pantry for the children to measure, mix and observe. Each week I add new ingredients to sustain interest and provoke new investigations. When our letter focus was "Dd", I added detergent and for "Mm", I added milk.


There are clipboards and pencils for the little scientists to record their potions and their observations. I included safety glasses and glass test tubes for authenticity.
We have had some wonderful experimenting and hypothesizing. The children have discovered how to make some very impressive concoctions and have shared their knowledge eagerly with their friends. This investigation area has been very popular and so much fun.

Labels: , , , ,